Whirlpool Aero Car Opens Up
The Niagara Parks Whirlpool Aero Car will be holding its opening day on Friday April 18, which means you and your family can add another attraction to your list of things to do!
The attraction allows you to soar above the Niagara Gorge and the Niagara River while you sit inside an antique cable car.
Designed by Spanish engineer Leonardo Torres Quevado, the Whirlpool Aero Car has been operating since 1916. Suspended from six sturdy cables, the car gives passengers a beautiful view of the Niagara Whirlpool and the lush greenery of the Niagara Gorge.
- The system has been upgraded three times in 1961, 1967 and 1984.
- The car originally was open but a roof was added in a later design.
- A four-person rescue car is available but not used for regular service.
- The car crosses part way over the Whirlpool into the US side, but no passport clearance is required.
- Operates from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- The car can hold 35 passengers.
If you want to have a thrilling experience, high above the Niagara River and Whirlpool, the Whirlpool Aero Car is the attraction for you. Don’t worry, you have until the middle of November to check out this classic Niagara Falls attraction!