NIAGARA FALLS, Ont. — The best summer vacation provides the perfect balance of adventure, indulgence and relaxation.
“Niagara Falls has everything that makes for a memorable vacation,” said Sarah Vazquez, Vice-President of Marketing for the Falls Avenue Resort. “With no shortage of exciting activities and attractions to keep you busy in Niagara Falls, it’s sometimes nice to take a break from it all and be treated to a world class spa experience.”
Finding the right spot for relaxation isn’t always easy so she’s compiled a list of what to look for when searching for the perfect relaxing spa getaway:
- Location—Location is everything. If the location is too far from the hotel and main attractions it can mean that finding transportation will be an added stress to what should be a relaxing experience. The Christienne Fallsview Spa, located in the Sheraton on the Falls in the heart of Niagara Falls high above the Falls, for example, delivers breathtaking views of Niagara Falls from their Fallsview Treatment and Relaxation areas and would be just steps from your hotel room.
- Innovative Services—A spa that delivers more than the typical treatments is always an added bonus. Average spa treatments can be enjoyed on average days so when you’re on vacation, experience something out of the ordinary. Innovations such as Hydrotherapy Infinity Tubs allow spa-goers to immerse themselves in a whole new level of relaxation (this is so innovative that Christienne is home to one of only six in Canada).
- Attractive Décor—There’s nothing relaxing about outdated furnishings and an uncomfortable décor. Ensure that the spa you choose cares about the atmosphere and embraces appealing interior design with an emphasis on natural elements like stone accents and exotic woods to help ground you and connect you with the calming side of nature.
- Affordability—Not that there isn’t room for lavishness, but it never hurts to find an option that can offer luxury treatment at a reasonable price. To find the best value for your stay, look at packages that combine your accommodations with a spa treatment. This not only takes out an extra planning step, it can also help cut down on cost by bundling the offerings up.
- The Little Things—Going that extra mile and providing that one extra service can make for a perfect spa retreat. Sparing no expense, the best spas ensure that all guest needs are met. Be it an exclusive custom created aromatherapy scent, custom blended tea or even a specialty refreshment beverage, the little bonuses take the average spa experience and makes it extraordinary.