With hundreds of different entertainment options located in Niagara Falls, there is never a shortage of things to do. If you’re looking for fun activities to keep your children entertained, while maybe even learning something, take a look at the activities listed below which are located close to the Sheraton on the Falls.
- Niagara Helicopters: One of the best ways to see Niagara Falls is from high above on a Niagara Helicopters tour. Fly over the falls, the Niagara River and a large section of the Niagara Region. This family friendly attraction is a thrill for all ages and should be on every visitor’s to-do list.
- Butterfly Conservatory: The Butterfly Conservatory, located on the Niagara Parkway, across from the falls, features over 2,000 colourful tropical butterflies floating freely among lush, exotic blossoms and greenery. Paths wind through the rainforest setting, past a pond and waterfall and the Emergence window, where butterflies leave their pupae and prepare to take their first flight. The Conservatory is located on the grounds of the Niagara Parks Botanical Gardens, a 10 minute walk north of the Falls.
- Fallsview Indoor Waterpark: Three acres of warm water fun, designed for kids and parents, makes for the ultimate mid-day break. Take in the 16 water slides, wave pool, hot springs and outdoor sun deck and pool, all located in the Falls Avenue Resort, two minutes from the falls. The waterpark is connected via indoor walkways to three hotels and much more.
- Rainforest Café: When you’re looking for somewhere to grab lunch or dinner, take a break at the Rainforest Café, featuring a regular indoor thunderstorm that turns the rainforest into a wild house every thirty minutes. The kid friendly menu has something for every eater, big or small. Also not to be missed are the live animals such as Smiley the shark, two huge aquariums full of tropical fish, a snake and much more, all making the Rainforest Café the most exciting restaurant in Niagara Falls.
- Adventure City: Adventure City is the ultimate attraction for kids of all ages where rides like Tour Bus Swat Team, Traffic Slam Bumper Cars, Safari Miniputt, and Jungle Friends Funhouse spark the excitement and imagination while on vacation. This fun-filled city within a city is located in Niagara Falls Entertainment Complex on Falls Avenue.